6.28.2006

what if

what if all those nights i dreamed of you
suddenly became my truth
and all those times i imagined your face
was the next evidence of His grace

what if all the thoughts of you and i becoming us
was more than a feeling, but was something i could trust
and if He moved that mountain, and if He let it be
together we would praise Him and sing of His mercy

what if i had truly love you all the days of my life
instead of creating a mockery, rather than living in strife
would that be more attractive? would you then pursue me?
i know it truly matters not; it's in the hands of the diety

so as i lay me down to sleep, and pray that we will some day be
i lay to rest the what ifs and trade them in for wait and sees
trusting God's plan, and as hard as it seems
i hope that He wakes me from irrelevant dreams

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Lord, Let it be...

Christina said...

let your heart be at peace, friend. =)

Lindsay said...

so uh where is this from

trace said...

from me...you like?