3.15.2007

long time coming

It has been a really long time since I have blogged. It's too bad too, because it is really cathartic for me. Why spend $100s every month for therapy, when i can blog for free (basically)? Maybe someday wireless internet access will be available to me at my house (and by my house, I mean my parents house. hello, failure to launch).

Today has been a weird day. I awoke to the news that the guy i was interested in from July '05 to July '06 is engaged. Please do not get me wrong. I am so happy for him. I am not interested in him anymore. But pretty much any time a friend of mine is dating someone seriously, or gets engaged, or gets married, i *feel* pretty worthless. obviously, i know all of the answers: "You are beautiful to Him;" "God has someone for you;" "You will find someone;" "It is better not to settle." BLaH, BLaH, BLaH. I know all that, and most of me even believes it. In fact until about January, I was content in my singlehood. I felt like I could've been happily single forever.

Now, it seems all I have been doing is trying to find my way back to that place. I want to click the heels of my sparkly red ballet slippers three times and magically be back there. No luck. Thankfully, I do find peace and comfort in talking to God about it. I love that I have the freedom to tell God that I feel miserable. I love that I have the freedom to tell God that I think this part sucks. I love that I know He will see me through this time of anger and longing. It would do me no good to try and hide these feelings from God. He knows. I love that He knows. I know He will bring me back to the place where I feel like He is enough. I believe that to be TRUTH, but somehow right now I can't live lilke that. Well, I suppose I *can*, but for whatever reason, I am not. I am wallowing. I should stop that.

I feel like I need companionship. I want it. It is not in a God-is-not-enough way; I am fulfilled by Him; I am complete in Him. BUT. I want to cook for, clean for, share with, be taken care of, to love and to be loved by somebody.

All of that being said, I am not desparate. I am willing to wait, and I am unwilling to settle. It's just that in the meantime that stinks.

So, in the meantime. I am still trying to figure out how this whole 34-year-old, single, Christian woman thing works. My eHarmony account expired, and I have chosen not to pursue that anymore. It is expensive and has been fruitless thus far. So where do I meet people -- eligible men, to be specific. OH, and by eligible, I mean single, unmarried, and preferably straight. That's not too much to ask, is it? Man, I hope not. Anyway, in the meantime. I am still relatively boy crazy. Although at my age perhaps I ought to change that to man crazy. I have crushes often; I like to think of it as being really good at seeing the best in the opposite sex. A justification I am sure.

So, in the meantime. My heart feels (who knows whether I can trust these feelings) attracted to a really awesome guy. He has so many of the qualities I would want in a mate. Saying he has many of them does not mean he is lacking any; it is a process of uncovering what is there or not. I have no clue if he is even remotely interested in me back. Time will tell. I will do my best not to pursue, as it is not the Christian woman thing to do. (Unfortunately, it pretty much goes against every instinct I have.)

thanks for letting me ramble. if i grading myself on this blog, it would score very low on organization. oh well....

4 comments:

Sarah said...

the #1 problem for single women desiring a Godly man in search of a wife...living on MI or proximity within! They don't exist here! All I have to say is I hear you...I feel your pain...and I'm here for you!

trace said...

well, sarah, after much consideration of your assertion, i have to disagree. i know so many Godly men here. single ones even. more than i could imagine actually. we are so blessed to be surrounded by men who put Him first. the list is long (not like infinity or anything, but significantly greater than in any of other places i have lived). none of them is for me though, and i am ok with it. He knows what He is doing and i will wait.

thanks for being there and understanding

trace said...

p.s. i suppose the "in search of a wife" part may hold some water; however, although my flesh seems to be in that mode (searching for a husband) currently, my real desire is to find Him and His "calling" for my life, husband or not.

Sarah said...

I know. I was focusing on the guy looking for wife...I'm just saying, some of the guys I have known have been "lookin" but as of right now I don't know any. That is ALL I was saying.